Random Topics

Something you might like to know... around you, about me...

11 May 2005

Jobs didn't appear on my CV

There are some part time jobs I engaged before that I didn't put onto my CV, like:

SWAT member in Mobil company while I was in the last year of my first degree life.

One month interpreting job for two Philippine engineers in Dole company, assisting them to open a new fruit and vegetable manufacturing factory.

Acting as the marketing strategy consultant in Leisure Insurance company as a two month work placement as the moment. I am still carrying on with it and is planning to finish it before June.


I worked in a bookshop when I first arrived England for more than a year's time. It did give me a great chance of knowing English culture, improved my english, as well as gave me an impressive lesson on what customer service meant in Britain. Caring your customers, wearing their shoes is the bottom line, isn't it?

I also have been one year entertainment coordinator for OXCSSA, Oxford committee of Chinese Students and Scholars association, where I held an evening party successfully with my colleagues for more than 600 people for the Chinese new year evening celebration.
Currently, I am the vice president of this society and mainly doing some consultancy role for some of its projects.

At the moment, I live in a B&B, and work there as a part timer for a free accomodation. I do a lot of telephone sales there as well as customer enquiries. It offers a great chance of knowing many different people and their interesting characters. Chatting with customers either by phone or face to face is simply a great fun.

I may need to put some of them on later, though putting all of them may make the CV look a bit messy, plus all of my these full time formal jobs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home