Random Topics

Something you might like to know... around you, about me...

09 June 2005

British English (1) Thank you, how to answer it?

One day, an American family who live in our hotel asked me, do you say " Cheers"?

I said yes, mainly to mean "thanks" in brief or "goodbye", or maybe sometimes means "let's drink to celebrate..."

Oh, then they are amazed and said cheers to my help in directions and left.

When people say thank you to you, what would you reply?

No problem? Thank you? Thanks? You are welcome? My pleasure? Any time? That is alright? Not at all? That is fine? That is ok? Don't mention it? Not worth mentioning? ... Even, sometimes, I say OK or simply smile back to take it.

what else would you say when people are saying thanks or thank you to you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home