Random Topics

Something you might like to know... around you, about me...

22 June 2005

British English (2), How to call a young man?

In English, there are many titles for young man, like, young boy, man, mate, bloke, chap, lad, folk.

When the first time, I was called young lad, I didn't really know what it meant but only by guessing it was a title for me.
Another day, three young men came to live in our hotel. They were ever so nice and asked to taste my cooking, even didn't mind that was left over. One of the young man, who properbably was at the same age as I am, called me " Son" with lots of passions.

In Chinese, when you want to abuse somebody(mainly for joking amoung young males), you call other(s) SON(s), which is kind of Dirty Words. But, I do understand them, who are very nice people and make me one of their pals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home